Peppermint Oil is obtained by steam distillation from the flowering plant Mentha Piperata.
Peppermint oil has calming effects. It is used to treat flatulence, menstrual pains, diarrhea, nausea, depression-related anxiety, muscle and nerve pain, common cold and indigestion.
It has various uses such as :
- Treatment for a variety of conditions, including irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, and other digestive issues, as well as the common cold and headache.
- Flavoring agent in foods and in products such as mouthwashes.
- Peppermint oil naturally cleanses the skin and has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It has a cooling effect which soothes irritation and inflammation due to acne
- One of the most common ways to use Peppermint essential oil is to simply inhale the scent directly from the bottle
- Peppermint essential oil contains antispasmodic properties, which can relax the muscles in the digestive tract, making the bowels looser. This can help relieve constipation.
- Peppermint oil is one of the most commonly used essential oils to treat headache and migraine attacks. It contains menthol, which can help relax muscles and ease pain.
It has a clear and penetrating odour. Peppermint oil is a popular traditional remedy for a number of conditions.
Peppermint oil is used for common cold, headaches, and other conditions. It is also used topically for headache, muscle aches, itching, and other problems.