Naaval, or Jambu or Jamoon, is the fruit of the tree Syzygium cumini. This evergreen tree is native to India where it grows throughout the country. It has been introduced in other countries in South Asia and is revered by the Buddhists. It is also planted near Hindu temples as the fruits are believed to be sacred for Lord Krishna.
- The fruits are rich in sugars, minerals and vitamin C.
- The seeds are rich in flavonoids and polyphenols which bestow high antioxidant capacity, as well as, proteins and Calcium.
- Rich in Iron, it acts as a blood purifier.
- The nutrients in the fruit boost immunity, help to overcome digestive disorders, and strengthen bones.
- The fruits and seeds are rich in antioxidants and defer ageing.
- Naaval fruits and seeds have been used in Indian traditional medicine as a potent remedy for Diabetes. It has been authenticated by scientific research in the last few decades and found to stimulate insulin secretion, induce the pancreas to secrete insulin and regulate blood sugar levels.
Jamun fruit, which is known in Tamil as Naaval Pazham or Nagapazham is a precious but humble fruit. It is rich in iron, minerals, vitamin A and vitamin C and also acts as a coolant and induces digestive power.
Stimulates insulin secretion and regulates blood sugar levels
Boosts immunity and bone strength
Mix 2 tsp of the powder in warm water and drink twice a day.