Naaval, or Jambu or Jamoon, is the fruit of the treeÂ SyzygiumÂ cumini.Â Â This evergreen tree is native to India where it grows throughout the country.Â It has been introduced in other countries in South Asia and is revered by the Buddhists.Â It is also planted near Hindu temples as the fruits are believed to be sacred for Lord Krishna.Â Â
- The fruits are rich in sugars, minerals, vitamin C, polyphenols, anthocyanins andÂ flavonoids.
- The seeds are rich inÂ flavonoidsÂ and polyphenols which bestow high antioxidant capacity, as well as, proteins and Calcium.
- Rich in Iron it acts as a blood purifier.Â Â Â
- The nutrients in the fruit boost immunity, help to overcome digestive disorders, and, strengthen bones.Â
- The fruits and seeds are rich in antioxidants and defer ageing.
- Naaval fruits and seeds have been used in Indian traditional medicine as a potent remedy for Diabetes.Â It has been authenticated by scientific research in the last few decades and found to stimulate insulin secretion, induce the pancreas to secrete insulin and regulate blood sugar levels.
JamunÂ fruit, which is known in Tamil as Naaval Pazham or NagapazhamÂ is a precious but humble fruit. It is rich in iron, minerals, vitamin A and vitamin C and also acts as a coolant and induces digestive power.
StimulatesÂ insulin secretion and regulatesÂ blood sugar levels
Boosts immunity and bone strength
Mix 2 tsp of the powder in warm water and drink twice a day.