Lavender is most commonly used in aromatherapy. The fragrance from the oils of the lavender plant is believed to help promote calmness and wellness. It also helps reduce stress, anxiety, and possibly even mild pain.
Lavender oil can benefit in numerous ways.
- It has the ability to lessen acne; helps lighten skin, and reduce wrinkles. It can even be used in the treatment of improving hair health and digestion.
- Lavender oil helps in relieving allergies, burns, inflammations, abdominal cramps, nervous tensions, insomnia, depression, stress related conditions, Pre menstrual syndrome etc.
- EczemaÂ can make the skin dry, itchy, and scaly. Lavender has antifungal properties and reduces inflammation; it canÂ help keep eczema at bay.
- Lavender oil can also beÂ used to treat psoriasis. Lavender oil helps cleanse the skin and lessen redness and irritation.
- Cotton balls treated with lavender oil make an effective moth repellent either in the closet or between clothes in a drawer.
- Lavender oil helps relieve insect bites by warding off bacteria and reducing inflammation. It also naturally helps relieve pain.
- Lavender repels cockroaches.
Distilled from the flowering plantÂ Lavandula angustifolia, aÂ mint family thatâ€™s easily identified by its sweet floral scent. This aroma oil is obtained by steam distillation of fresh flowers.
It is non irritant, non toxic and non sensitizing.