Cypress Oil is derived from steam distillation method using the leaves, twigs and cones of the cypress tree. It has a very pleasant evergreen woody aroma that soothes emotion, provides comfort to the mind during times of grief and sadness.
- It helps in oily and over hydrated skin. It is used as an insect repellant, for muscular cramps andÂ rheumatism. It is also used for relief from cold, cough and bronchitis.
- Cypress Oil is a strong antiseptic and speeds up the healing process of wounds and infections.
- It regulates blood flow and relieves stress. It is also beneficial for the respiratory system. It also stimulates circulation by increasing blood flow when applied topically to treat Varicose veins.
- Cypress Oil is a natural antispasmodic and respiratory tonic and it can help relieve respiratory issues, help clear the throat, reduce nasal and chest congestion, and can also treat cough.
- Because cypress essential oil is anti-microbial and anti-bacterial, it can help clean andÂ heal open cuts and wounds, preventing skin infections and scars.
- Cypress oil has been known to have an anti-inflammatory effect on varicose veins by naturally assisting in the increase of blood flow and improving circulation.
- Because of its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, cypress oil is often recommended for treating acne as it can help kill the bacteria which causes and worsens acne conditions.
Cypress oil is not safe to use internally. It is for external use only.
Cypress oil is safe to use aromatically and topically (when properly diluted).
The oil can be inhaled directly from the bottle, or a few drops can be added to a diffuser or warm bath. For chest congestion, dilute 3-4 drops in carrier oil and massage directly onto the chest area.
Cypress oil should not be applied directly on open cuts and wounds. It should be used with carrier oil.
By regularly applying a few drops of cypress oil, diluted in carrier oil, and massaging onto the skin, cypress oil can help diminish the appearance of varicose veins over time.
For Acne treatment, apply a few drops (diluted in carrier oil) directly onto the face after cleansing, avoiding the eye area.
Cypress oil can benefit the scalp by reducing hair loss and promoting new hair growth. With regular daily use, it improves the health and condition of the scalp, enabling the pores to naturally tighten thus stopping the hair loss cycle.
Because of its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, Cypress oil can help treat dandruff, by attacking the bacteria or fungus that caused it, and relieve symptoms of flaking and itching of the scalp. Few drops could be diluted in carrier oil and applied on the scalp.