Arjuna is the bark of a huge tree Terminalia arjuna, native to India, which can grow up to 27 metres in height. The tree is also found in Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
Arjuna bark is widely used in Ayurveda as a supplement to improve blood circulation and regularize blood pressure, lower blood lipid levels and prevent the formation of blood clots.
The bark powder shows high antioxidative capacity which is equal to that of Vitamin C. Other possible uses of Arjuna include ulcer protection in the stomach, protection to the liver and kidney likely mediated by antioxidative properties
It is medicinally used for cardiovascular health particularly the heart itself. Scientific studies have found it to be effective in improving cardiac function in persons who have recently suffered cardiac trauma.
Arjuna helps in treating Asthma. It also functions as a diuretic and reduces the formation of kidney stones.
- Arjuna has been recommended in ancient texts as it acts as a cardiotonic and protects the heart
- Helps to prevent atherosclerosis by lowering blood cholesterol
- Is effective in correcting breathing problems
- Corrects urinary problems and prevents the formation of kidney stones
- Arjuna is widely used to improve blood circulation and regularize blood pressure, lower blood lipid levels and prevent the formation of blood clots
Mix 1 tsp of the powder in a glass of hot water and take twice a dayÂ after food.
There are no reviews yet.