AdhimadhuramÂ or Licorice, is the root of the plantÂ Glycyrrhiza glabra, a herbaceous perennial growing in India and other countries in Asia. The sweet tasting root is used in Ayurvedic preparations for a variety of health conditions, such as expectorant, antiulcer, laxative, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and anti-tumour properties.
- Licorice has remarkable expectorant properties and cures chronic cough and cold.
- It has been shown to be effective in treating stomach ulcers, even those caused by Helicobacter pylori.
- The root relieves stress and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Women can consume the root powder to overcome the pain and cramps during menstrual periods.
- Athimadhuram induces hair growth and is excellent for the skin, improving its texture and complexion.
Adhimadhuram or Licorice should not be consumed in excessive amounts. People with hypertension and heart problems must avoid Licorice, as it depletes Potassium from the body and increases Sodium retention which leads to lack of energy, weakness and even death.
Adhimadhuram is a sweet tasting root which has a lotÂ of medicinal properties.
Regulates blood sugar levels
Cures chronic cough and cold
Treats stomach ulcers and cramps during menstrual periods
Induces hair growth
Mix 1 tsp of the powder with hot milk or water and take twice a day after food.
There are no reviews yet.